Together, we can create a healthier and brighter future.

Our History

1920
The Anita M. Baldwin Hospital for Babies is founded

Founded on March 22, 1920, as the Anita M. Baldwin Hospital for Babies, our clinic initially occupied three beds on the campus of California Hospital Medical Center.

1945
A Name Change to California Babies’ and Children’s Hospital.

By 1945, we had not only opened the first preschool dental clinic in the western United States but were also overseeing 30 inpatient pediatric beds at our own facility and under a new name: California Babies’ and Children’s Hospital.

1985
The Hospital Makes a Move.

The facility moves to its present address at 1530 S. Olive Street.

2000's
A Gift and a Name Change.

We became the Eisner Pediatric & Family Medical Center in 2002, in recognition of a gift from the Eisner Foundation. This gift supported the expansion of our campus on Olive Street by over 30,000 square feet. In 2004, we were awarded a section 330 grant and designation as a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC). In 2007, Eisner begins operating a 24/7 OB Call Panel at California Hospital Medical Center. In 2009, Eisner opens a new on-site Pharmacy at the 1530 S. Olive Street main clinic.

2011
A New Partnership.

Eisner enters into a partnership to form the USC-Eisner Family Medicine Center at California Hospital.

2015
Open More Clinics.

In May of 2015, Eisner opens a new 7200 square foot comprehensive clinic in Lynwood.

2019
Partnered with L.A. Public Library to offer free dental screenings.

Expanded Sherman Oaks location, and opened L.A.´s only breast milk depot.

2017
State-of-the-art dental clinic opened at Sherman Oaks.
2016
More Clinics and a Logo.

In February, an Optometry program launches at the 1530 S. Olive Street main clinic. In June, three new clinic sites open in the San Fernando Valley in Panorama City, Sherman Oaks and Van Nuys.

2020
Launched phone and video Telehealth services.
2021
Rolled out COVID-19 vaccination program and mobile vaccination van.
2024
New Logo